Saturday, November 17, 2012

National Novel Writing Month is Here Again!

Once each year an organization  with the tongue bending name of National November Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo) has a contest. The goal of the contest is to complete an entire novel in thirty days. I tried it in 2011 last year, but I didn't get very far. I have entered the contest again this year, and I am making a lot more progress than in that first attempt.

The bad news is that I am running pretty far behind in terms of total word count toward the 60,000 word goal of the novel. The good news, though, is that the novel is coming along and I'm pretty happy with the results so far. I have two weeks to try and get caught up, but even if I don't, I am still determined to get a first draft done by the end of the year.

If anyone would like additional information about the contest, check out their website at

www.namowrimo.org

No comments:

Post a Comment