Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jaded Walker Update

Jaded Walker Update
11/25/2011 11:32:59 AM
 
The good news is that "Raised by the Fox" passed the compatibility test and can be listed on Amazon, Sony, Barnes and Noble, and other sites beside the Smashwords site. The book has been downloaded 17 times. Thank you for checking it out!  As always please feel free to comment on what you've read, offer suggestions, critiques, etc.

The news was not so good for my most recent story, "The Hallway."  I submitted the story to Apex Publishing for their monthly magazine. On 23 Nov they rejected the story, stating it "doesn't currently meet our needs." I should have the story off to another publisher pretty soon.

I also have to admit the novel "Incursion" is moving along a bit slowly, but it is moving. I tend to write in chunks, and in a longer work the chunks don't necessarily tie together yet. I have also set a challenge for myself because the story is being told from three different perspectives. I have trouble in my writing with maintaining the correct tense, and the differing perspectives making that even harder to keep up with. There is a first person view that is in the current tense. There is a past tense in the third person view that catches the reader up to the present tense. And then there is another third person view that takes place in ... well, more on that as the story moves along.

No comments:

Post a Comment