Sunday, September 1, 2013

Preparing for the Writer's Conference

Preparing for the Writer's Conference

I have definitely decided to go to the La Jolla Writer's Conference scheduled for November 1-3, 2013.  Taking advantage of the discounts available, the cost for the full conference is $310, which includes meals and all the events. I live close enough that I will be able to drive to and from the conference, so I can avoid the hotel costs.

I am also going to sign up for at least one session of private "Read and Critique" sessions. I've been reviewing each of the listed agents/publishers/publicists/faculty to determine who to ask for. I have tentatively picked one already, but I haven't finished going through the list, yet. If I find a second person that I really like I might do two sessions. Each session costs $55 for a twenty minute interview. I have to prepare and mail (hardcopy) a one page synopsis and up to twelve pages of my manuscript. The package has to be in the hands of the conference organizers by September 25th, which - GAH! - means I only have about two weeks to get it in the mail.

I'm looking forward to the feedback from my writer's group and suggestions on which part of the manuscript I should take the twelve pages from. The next meeting of the group is on September 5th.

Also note that there is a new post on the Wild Family Adventures Blog:


Making Arrangements


No comments:

Post a Comment