Wednesday, March 8, 2017

From Website to Blog

From Website to Blog

With my new mandate to restart my art and writing business, I chose to start by setting up my website. I was once an IT (information technology) guy and that included the building of two websites on my own. I can't keep up anymore with the new waves of technology that keep coming up, but I can still handle the easier stuff. I hope.

I retired my last website more than a year ago because it became too unwieldy and difficult to maintain. I'm taking a slightly different approach this time. Instead of a website, I am going to use a Blog, which is like an informal kind of website. The JadedWalker blog that you are reading right now is one of my blogs. I need to upgrade the content and capabilities, though, to get the full benefits of my website-like blog.

I have a tendency to tinker, and the tinkering tends to cause problems I then have to figure out how to fix. So, I'm not going to make changes to The JadedWalker blog. I'm going to start a new blog so I can tinker with it, learning the features and capabilities I want.

My intent is to use that new knowledge to build a new website-like blog that will become my main online presence. I haven't decided whether The JadedWalker will remain separate or be incorporated into the new blog.

Follow along as I figure this out. And anyone with experience with this is welcome to weigh in with suggestions and tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment